The IRS will begin to release the Earned Income/Additional Child Tax Credit (EITC/ACTC) refunds starting Feb. 15, 2017.
What you need to know:
- This new law requires the IRS to hold the entire refund (even the amount not associated with the EITC or ACTC)
- Refunds likely won’t arrive in bank accounts or debit cards until the week of February 27, 2017
- Use the Where’s My Refund? link to check out your daily status
- Possible deposit dates for early EITC /ACTC refund filers may be available a few days after Feb. 15th
- You will most likely not see your refund until the week of Feb. 27th
- Your funds may take longer to appear in your account depending on the financial institution (remember that most financial institutions do not process payments on weekends or holidays)
Disclosure Statement: All data and information provided on this site is for informational purposes only. The Handy Tax Guy makes no absolute representation to the correctness, mistakes, omissions, delays, appropriateness, or legitimacy of any information on this site.
**Note: Each client circumstance will vary on a case by case basis**